[webcast-l] Canstream service update

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Thu Feb 6 12:04:54 GMT 2014

Dear Canstream customers,

We are writing to apologise for the outages with Canstream recently.

We experienced a huge ddos (distributed denial of service) attack which
overwhelmed our usually robust platform.

We have now recovered live streaming services and are working, with
technical consultancy, to bring back the Listen Again platform - hopefully
within the next day.

We have as part of our repair work we have improved capacity and resilience
and we are continuing to develop the Canstream service.

If any of you still have problems connecting to your live stream, please
email us at:

tech at canstream.co.uk

With thanks

Jaqui