[webcast-l] Canstream Streaming Services Monday 10/02/14

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Mon Feb 10 11:38:28 GMT 2014

Dear Clients, Supporters & Friends

We are delighted to report that Canstream Internet Radio & Video has
returned to its previous level of stability after the recent service
disruption.

The instability had been caused by a form of distributed denial of service
attack which we had not formerly encountered which resulted in our content
delivery platform being overwhelmed for a while.

Normal service has been resumed and configurations have been tweaked for a
better and more secure service overall.  We will continue to improve our
delivery platform to ensure that the highest levels of service can be
delivered going forward.

Many thanks for bearing with us during this period - the feedback and
status updates were very helpful to us in determining the locus of
particular issues.

If anybody experiences any remaining issues then please do not hesitate to
get in touch with the office via the following methods:

   - Email: tech at canstream.co.uk
   - Telephone: 0114 279 5219 (office hours)
   - Telephone: 0844 357 0442 (out of office hours)
   - Twitter: @Canstream <https://twitter.com/canstream>

And thank you again for the messages of support and new followers on
Twitter - great to tweet you all!

Best regards

Bill Best
--