[webcast-l] Service disruption - CMA / Canstream

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 22:02:34 GMT 2014

Dear friends and supporters

If you have recently tried to reach the CMA websites or any stations that
we broadcast you will have noticed some periods of service outage.

We apologise profusely for this.

We have experienced a number of distributed denial of service attacks which
served to overwhelm our usually robust network. We even have evidence that
some compromised servers from the Amazon Cloud were used as an attack
vector against us - and it's very difficult for a micro business like us to
be able to withstand an attack originating from 'the cloud'.

Please bear with us whilst we work very hard to recover the situation.

Apologies for a lack of emails and tweets but we have been focusing on
service recovery as much as possible.

We have an excellent team on the case who are supporting the CMA /
Canstream staff and we hope to restore things to a much more robust footing
shortly.

Best regards for now

Bill Best
--