[cma-l] DCMS consultation meetings on amendments to community radiolaw

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 12:53:51 BST 2011

Clive / Ian n' all

I know we've been here before but I do have to pull you up on something.
perhaps we were the only case (that wouldn't surprise me either !?)     but
when we originally applied for our licence there was some kind of brief
discussion, or letter, or e-mail etc    regarding our coverage.

As I have pointed out many times before ... we know what our Community is ..
how do we know ?           because we flippin' well live here and most were
born here.

Now being very specific OUR Community here consists of Poynton / Wilmslow /
Prestbury / Bollington & the surrounding villages and hamlets with
Macclesfield as the hub. The traditions, the people, the history, the
Councils, the services, the families etc etc are all intermingled and
intertwined.

It is quite simple ..... this is the area that we serve, need to serve,
always have wanted to serve ..... however !      regardless of what Ian
thinks, the facts are that somewhere in the constitution and the paper and
the garbage, we are only allowed 5km which barely gets us out of Bollington
! .. which by the way is surrounded by 3 miles of fields, sheep, cow dung
and trees in ALL directions.

So, the end result is, when Key 103 come blasting over the top of us 7km
down the road and INSIDE our Community no one gives a flying cactus and we
basically get the one fingered salute.

It is this tripe and this nonsense along with all the other crap, that has
led to us feeling isolated, disrespected and treated appallingly.

So                  when all else is lost, one has to throw caution to the
wind and you ''takes yer chances''               whatever happens . we are
not at fault, we are not blame and we are proud of what we have achieved and
what we do ... it makes our case even stronger and puts a fire in our belly
when we have achieved it with no help from anyone ...... in fact, on the
contrary, we've had a deliberate hindrance.

Nick

  _____