[cma-l] Its all about the money!!!

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 10:55:29 GMT 2011

David n’ all

Actually, I’m in it because I love working with young people, elderly
people, people with disabilities and I enjoy sharing my experiences and
passing on what knowledge I have (be it possibly limited in some areas)

 however, I have been in radio a long time and decided with a few
others to set up a Community Radio Station for our area. One reason was
because I had got so brassed off with commercial radio and a lot of the
clots that have now invaded it ----- so in my opinion something needed to be
done for our area.

I worked 48 hours a week from 2004 till 2008 for NOWT’

.. if I hadn’t,
we wouldn’t be here

.. others to volunteered to help set up our
venture. The all did about 6 hours each per-week.

My other job kept me going

 I still do my other job (entertainment)
but when Canalside was in its infancy if you add up the total hours it was
peaking some weeks at 90 hours !

I now receive a wage as I co-ordinate what goes on here. It was done via a
vote and all above board

.. to be honest, if I hadn’t have got the nod,
I would have been a touch brassed off

 we have others here who
we NEED

 and they need to be paid as they have homes to run. However,
having said all of this, the wages that we receive are ‘’buttons’’

but, lots of buttons do add up.

Now I’d be interested where you get all your volunteers from ?   when I say
volunteers, I mean ‘’real’’ volunteers and not old Billy who turns up once a
week with his 60’s records under his arm

 plays what he likes, leaves the
studio a complete

..s

it hole and then
you don’t see him again for a week !

I’ve met many of these characters over the years and if hospital radio is
anything to go by the offices and studios wouldn’t be fit to keep pigs in !

You guys have maybe got some magic formula ???                    but
surely, there must be more people there who spend many more hours there than
old Billy
. They steer the ship and ensure that that there is at least some
kinda’ system to work to. You can’t of course have chimps doing this or else
you will end up with a tea party.

If you do have a number of guys or gals there who do this??

. Perhaps
I could ask ?                Who pays their mortgages ???

I could however be talking to a radio station that has a benefactor or
someone who runs the station because they own an offshore Bank and don’t
need to work

 bully for whoever I say.

To answer the question, I am NOT here for the wages

 but, the amount of
hours I put in to ensure that everyone here enjoys what they do would make
me feel pretty miffed if I received nothing. Some of us by the way at the
moment are on reduced wages, but NOT reduced hours
.. in fact they have
gone up.

I wish all stations continued success whether or not they run on 75 grand /
50 grand / 5 grand or peanuts !

Regards

Nick

  _____