[comradio-l] 209radio on 105 FM (Cambridge) to Close

Karl Hartland hartland.karl at 209radio.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 15:34:44 GMT 2010

_*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 17/02/10*_

Dear all,

It is will deep sadness that I present the official news that
Cambridge's Community Radio Station will close on Saturday February the
27th at midnight.

Please see below and attached for the official press release.

Karl Hartland
209radio Station Manager

      _Thank You and Goodbye_

*It is with deep sadness that we inform our listeners and supporters
that **Cambridge**'s Community Radio Station, 209radio on 105 FM, will
close at the end of February.*

Since our last appeal for funds in November 2009 we have unfortunately,
and for a variety of reasons, not been able to capitalise on the slim
chances given to us.

We've enjoyed nearly 7 years of music,speech, live performances,
interviews laughter and tears from broadcasting on the web in a city
living room then moving to studios on Sturton Street . We've been going
out loud and proud on 105FM for just over two years and have carried out
numerous and rewarding outside broadcasts at a host of venues and events
across Cambridge, such as Strawberry Fair and the Cambridge Folk
Festival. We're confident that we've enriched the Cambridge airwaves
with new programming and touched the lives of many with that content,
making a large number of friends along the way.

209radio has helped many individuals and groups grow, learn and achieve
great things; the effects of our collective work will be felt for a long
time to come. We all want there to be sustainable Community Radio which
serves the whole city of Cambridge. Sadly for now we have no choice but
to admit that it will be for others to take this on in the future. .

*Our talented programme teams will continue to create and broadcast
content until **midnight** on **Saturday the 27^th of February 2010**.
We invite everyone to listen and share between now and then.*

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our funders, members
and listeners for all the support given to 209radio over the last 7 years.**

209radio

105 FM in the Cambridge City Area

http://209radio.co.uk <http://209radio.co.uk/> everywhere else!
01223 488418
getinvolved at 209radio.co.uk

> --
> Karl Hartland
> 209radio Station Manager
>
> 105 FM in the Cambridge City Area
> http://209radio.co.uk  everywhere else!
>
> Citylife House
> Sturton Street
> Cambridge
> CB1 2QF
>
> 01223 488418
>
> 01223 488410 - new personal direct number!
> 07968 898254
>
> 209radio is a Registered Charity in England, No. 1124610,
> and a Company Limited by Guarantee, No. 5585527
>
> This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of 209radio Ltd.
>
> If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.

Karl Hartland
209radio Station Manager