[comradio-l] Community radio station will stay on air

Karl Hartland hartland.karl at 209radio.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 11:08:37 GMT 2009

Back at my desk.

What a feeling.

Lots of work to do now, new blood, new directions.

The lesson is- fight, fight, fight.

If you win, be grateful & take the opportunity.

But if you lose, rest assured that you've been doing the work of (the)
God(s) (delete as applicable).

I'm more proud that I work in Community Media today than when we won the
licence.

Excuse me I have some work to do.

CMA-L wrote:
> Good news!!!
>
> Cambridge Community Radio station 209 has been saved from shutting
> down at the eleventh hour.
>
> The station was yesterday set to close but a desperate appeal to raise
> £28,000 to save it has been answered.
>
> The station today announced on its website: "We’ve reached our target
> of £28,000 – thanks to all of you generous people, we’ll be on air for
> another three months."
>
> In order to survive the station needed to gather pledges of £28,000 by
> midnight on Monday.
>
> The award-winning charity which supports dozens of local community
> groups, including the elderly, the homeless and people with mental
> health issues, was on the verge of closure due to a funding crisis.
>
> It started in a living room in March 2003 and is now working with more
> than 170 volunteers with just three paid staff.
>
> Source: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_home/displayarticle.asp?id=467842
>
> \\
>
> Community Media Association

Karl Hartland
209radio Station Manager

105 FM in the Cambridge City Area
http://209radio.co.uk everywhere else!

Citylife House
Sturton Street
Cambridge
CB1 2QF

01223 488418

01223 488410 - new personal direct number!
07968 898254

209radio is a Registered Charity in England, No. 1124610,
and a Company Limited by Guarantee, No. 5585527

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of 209radio Ltd.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.