[comradio-l] Community radio station will stay on air

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Dec 1 22:47:57 GMT 2009

Good news!!!

Cambridge Community Radio station 209 has been saved from shutting
down at the eleventh hour.

The station was yesterday set to close but a desperate appeal to raise
£28,000 to save it has been answered.

The station today announced on its website: "We’ve reached our target
of £28,000 – thanks to all of you generous people, we’ll be on air for
another three months."

In order to survive the station needed to gather pledges of £28,000 by
midnight on Monday.

The award-winning charity which supports dozens of local community
groups, including the elderly, the homeless and people with mental
health issues, was on the verge of closure due to a funding crisis.

It started in a living room in March 2003 and is now working with more
than 170 volunteers with just three paid staff.

Source: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_home/displayarticle.asp?id=467842

\\