[CMA R] Digital switchover

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Tue Aug 9 10:20:33 BST 2005

Fwd:

From: DAVID WATKINS <david.watkins_g0heg at btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 21:39:56 +0100 (BST)

Hello Michelle

Please can you tell me what the deadline will be, for the turning off of
Analogue TV and Radio transmissions, I've read on the internet that
it will be 2006, but I've also seen 2012 mentioned
as a possible date, will these dates be for the UK only, or are they for
all of europe?

How will  that effect Radio Hams, who operated Analogue Radio Equipment?
Will their equipment also become obsolete, or will they still be allowed
to operate Analogue equipment?

The reason I'm asking, is because I'm a licenced Radio Ham,
and I would like to know what the future as in store for me as a radio ham.

yours faithfully

David Watkins

Poetry comes from the inner soul,
Make that your one true burning goal,