[CMA R] Soundsoft (Greece) - Megamix

TMCR - Thorne & Moorends Community Radio studio at tmcr.org.uk
Sun Aug 7 10:44:26 BST 2005

I don't know if anyone else on this list uses the Megamix 2004 software from
Soundsoft in Greece, but we bought it earlier this year for use on our
RSL/Community Radio station (www.tmcr.org.uk) and have had problems which we
cannot get resolved as their website has vanished and all email bounces!

I plumped for this software as Trust AM, the Hospital Radio station in
Worksop, Notts, where I've been for the last three years, has used Megamix
2000 for several years with little problem, and I therefore knew my way
around the package. As I was the one setting up the RSL I knew I would have
to find something I could work with easily.

It wasn't cheap at around £2,000 for a 'USB dongle/key' protected
'Enterprise' version on 2 CD's., one of which was the audio logging
package - which simply does not work at all. It took weeks for them to
despatch the software after they had the money, by bank transfer.

Anyway, the question is - we paid good money for something that is giving us
problems. We cannot contact the suppliers, who are based in Athens. Are we
holding a dead duck, or is there something we can do to 1) try and get our
money back or 2) try and track them down and get some answers?

Tech support was terrible when they were active, I've not been able to find
anything via a Google search of others in the same boat - lots of links to
www.soundsoft.com and www.soundsoft.net found, neither of which works any
more.

Any advice on this matter welcomed.

Regards

Gordon Sharpe
Thorne and Moorends Community Radio (TMCR)
5 Finkle Court
Thorne
Doncaster
DN8 5TW