[cma-l] ARIAS

Phil Maguire PRA Phil at prisonradioassociation.org
Tue Sep 19 11:33:48 BST 2017

I take your general point, Ed. And, I am a huge fan of Resonance – I think your station is wonderful.

But I take issue with a couple of your specific points:

1. No-one can hear prison radio – I think our potential audience of 81,000 (of whom 72% listen for 11.4 hours each week) – would disagree with that.

2. I’m not sure prison radio is being promoted as exemplary of community media. I think a judging panel of four or five people shortlisted our entry. I don’t think that means the Radio Academy is promoting us as exemplary.

Best,
Phil.

Phil Maguire
Chief Executive

Prison Radio Association
Mobile: 07921 648 388
Twitter: @prisonradiouk
Web: www.prisonradioassociation.org<http://www.prisonradioassociation.org/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D3313B.283A0980]

We’re an award winning charity, passionate about harnessing the power of media to reduce crime and support hard-to-reach individuals in the criminal justice system.

Recent News:
- Read Miranda Sawyer’s recent Observer piece about the PRA here<https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jan/28/national-prison-radio-brixton-styal-inside-tracks>.
- Watch Paddy O’Connell’s short film about the PRA here<https://vimeo.com/184989713>.
- PRA founder and Chair, Roma Hooper, awarded an OBE<http://www.prisonradioassociation.org/pra-co-founder-roma-hooper-receives-obe/>
- To celebrate our 10th birthday we invited Benedict Cumberbatch, Olivia Colman, Kate Tempest and Russell Brand into Brixton Prison for a very special show. Watch highlights here<http://www.prisonradioassociation.org/watch-letters-from-the-inside/>.

www.prisonradioassociation.org<http://www.prisonradioassociation.org/> | www.nationalprisonradio.com<http://www.nationalprisonradio.com/> | www.wearestraightline.com<http://www.wearestraightline.com/>