[cma-l] FW: the pudding

Terry Beale t.beale at tonefm.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 13:11:55 GMT 2017

I would echo the sentiments. As a not for profit station we can't afford to
pay for this and we are always being asked the question.

CR stations need support we do a valuable job!!

Terry Beale

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 at 10:33, Eden FM Radio <admin at edenfm.co.uk> wrote:

> I found that email mildly insulting.
>
> The most popular question we are asked when trying to sell advertising or
> apply for a grant, is "how many people listen".
>
> We would LOVE to be able to say ". . . community radio formal research
> shows . . . " it would make our life in the frozen north-west of England
> easier.
>
> No national advertiser is going to put money in to community radio without
> some acceptable industry standard research.
>
> Not every station would want to take national advertising or, in some
> cases, any advertising at all and we all respect that I hope. Eden FM,
> however, would be happy to receive some income from this source.
>
> It was disappointing that Ofcom felt unable to support the application to
> fund some industry standard research and I hope that somehow there can be a
> resolution.
>
> Cheers.
>
> -Nigel-
>
> Eden FM Radio Ltd
> Office : 01786 899 101
> Studio: 01768 899 107
> Web: www.edenfm.co.uk
> Twitter: @EdenFmRadio
> Facebook : @edenfmonline
>
> Mostyn Hall, Friargate, Penrith CA11 7XP

Terry Beale
Presenter
W: www.tonefm.co.uk
F: www.facebook.com/tonefm
T: www.twitter.com/tauntonstonefm

Tauntons 107.8 Tone FM is on now on air in Somerset’s County Town!

Please Note: Tone FM is a 'Not for Profit' Community Radio Station which is
run by volunteers so we may not respond to your email straight away so
please be patient with us.