[cma-l] FW: the pudding

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Wed Mar 22 17:21:33 GMT 2017

From: Canalside Community Radio Ltd [mailto:office at canalsideradio.net]
Sent: 22 March 2017 17:19
To: 'Canalside's The Thread' <office at thethread.org.uk>
Subject: FW: the pudding

Dear All

This came through today from Radio Response

 we’re giving it a go here at
Canalside            I have to say though we are our own worst enemy. People
are bending over backwards to help us, why are we not ALL running these to
give ourselves a fighting chance ?             the sooner we start operating
as a ‘collective’ fraternity the better it will be for everyone. Surely even
the ‘I’m alright Jacks’ could do the decent thing and try help the ones who
are having a bit of a tough time ???        maybe I’m going soft in my old
age ?

AUDIENCE RESEARCH

As most of you will know by now, unfortunately, OFCOM did not grant the
funds for our Somer Valley FM led bid to provide audience research to a
consortium of 20 stations. The funding pot this time round totalled £200,000
and whilst our bid was well received the committee did not feel it could
justify the allocation of 20% of the fund to one bid. We are looking for
alternative funding opportunities and will keep you posted on developments.

Which Pot of funding is this ?  and why do we need audience research again ?
is this yet another consultation dressed up with a different wording ?

Surely, once you launch something like this you are then in the Commercial
Zone. The proof of the Pudding is in the eating isn’t it ?         WE (as a
collective body)      either get ready for a fall and Radio Response change
their name to Radio No Response or we hit the jackpot and the results come
flooding in. The three trial Advertisers then write ‘’’testimonials’’’ for
the Sales people to pitch at the next target. I personally think a fair to
middling response would be good enough for us. Correct me if I am wrong but
fair to middling from 250 Stations is rather good National Advertising isn’t
it ?

However, as I have pointed out many times before, we have to be careful that
we don’t go drifting off into NoddyLand

 there is no guarantee that if we
were on Rajar that the figures would make good reading ----- if this was the
case then surely on a National Scheme we’d be going backwards wouldn’t we?
So best stick with Herbert Muggins the Candlestick Maker in the Village.
Then again    (REMAINING POSITIVE)    the figures could prove very promising
and exciting

. I am already stripped down to my undies in anticipation,
and ready to take the big splash plunge into the Canal
Yippeeeee

Onwards and Upwards / Monkeeeee Magic

I’m sure the team will keep us posted

Nicholas H Dumpty / Sales Co-Ordinator & Chief Cashier
ka-ching    ***

Canalside Community Radio Ltd.

Canal 2B,

Clarence Mill,