[cma-l] Radio Festival 23rd May 2017

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Sat Apr 22 08:36:39 BST 2017

Morning

You say:

And you had said:

> Call me cynical - but £120 and a £32 ticket to London to be told how good
everyone else is and how we are still very much the poor relation?

Forgive me but nowhere in the programme for the Radio Festival does it say
"delegates will be informed how good the BBC and commercial radio sectors
are but unfortunately community radio is very much the poor relation". I
can't see that anywhere.

As I said, at last year's Festival, the Community Media Association and the
Prison Radio Association were both given significant profile which can only
raise the perception of third sector radio in the eyes of the wider media
industry - in contrast to talking down the sector which only serves to do
the opposite.

If it wasn't against the rules of the prize draw, I'd be happy to give you
a ticket! But I can't sorry - you have to be in it to win it.

Best regards

Bill
--
Operations Manager