[cma-l] grants

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Sep 30 10:06:03 BST 2016

By the way

You may recall a similar discussion to this one (re:-aviva) about 18 months
ago
 so we are on regurgitation again and ground hog day
 but as a
reminder we were discussing this and one lady was shouting off about how
good this system was and they had applied for something and they were
cock-sure they would get it a I/We were fools not to do it. There was a sign
off on the e-mail that they would let us know how much £££E they’d receive
and votes etc etc

Er ?     still waiting ?               I think it went bon voyage with the
pie in the sky and the flying pigs

The point I make is that unless you have a huge listenership who are only
half paying attention and watch X Factor on a Saturday night, if smaller
community groups are nominated                  Scouts/Brass Bands/Childrens
activities/Toddlers groups    etc etc     you haven’t a cat in hells chance.
It’s not just friends and family etc who decide ------ it’s the public
sympathy vote and the nicey nicey

..the word COMMUNITY goes out the
window as all they see is RADIO and they think we’re Heart / Kiss / Capital
/ BBC / Commercial    etc                   so I state again, these
applications are pointless and as frustrating and irritating as my e-mails
:)

Onwards and Upwards and Backwards and Sideways

Regards

Nick Humpty Numpty                          whatever happens – keep smilin’
:)