[cma-l] ONE FOR THE WEEKEND

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Sep 16 16:05:36 BST 2016

One final one for the weekend

All this baloney about FM / DAB / Internet / Yoghurt Carton and Piece of
String      it's a nonsense. Just admit that it's a legalised money making
racket.

If there are 1000 people and all of them are listening to Canalside Radio .
they will be listening via FM, or if at home / out of the area and
stationary via the Internet OR on an app / phone or if we had it by DAB
etc etc            it is still one person listening plus another 999. The
key word here is   OR not AND !

It is the same person, they are just listening via a different means. Why
does anyone (even Commercial Radio) have to pay for all of these things
separately ?   I simply don't get it ?    well I do . it's just Daylight
robbery. It's not 3000 folk listening, it's still 1000

It should be in our case a charge .. Fixed fee, and this covers the lot
whether we are on one, both or all three or four ...... I have never ever
ever ever listened to the Radio via FM, Internet and DAB all at the same
time.

What was all that cock and bull malarkey regarding the trials ... they were
even wanting to charge OTT on the trials . it ended up where about 20
chucked the towel in before they even started .........end result   =
everyone lost out. Some didn't do the tirial and PRS/PPL lost revenue

Surely a low charge was the easiest solution.

I think something was sorted, but of course we had to go through the 10
round boxing match to get there.

The mind boggles ?

Have a good weekend everyone