[cma-l] Remote Contribution Infrastructure

Marc Steele steelegbr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 16:14:55 BST 2016

Hello,

The other upside of using SIP is that you can mix and match kit. For
example, in a past life, we combined track mounted Comrex IP codecs and
softphones in the field to get broadcast quality audio back to the studios.

The thing to watch with using these out and about is indeed the quality of
the line you can get back. Be prepared to trade bitrate for reliability at
events and don't bother even trying 3G/4G at really big events.

Regards,

Marc.