[cma-l] UpsidedownNews

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:47:53 GMT 2016

James - can I take you up on two points: I am now arguing that it is no longer a technical trial, and that Ofcom are just letting these muxes continue on-air while they work out what to do next. Good for listeners. Good for those people who gambled successfully to run those muxes. I can't see the downside.The down side is surely that those who were arbitrarily and apparently quite unfairly in some cases not selected to run these trials - hardly a gamble - are deprived from contributing.But, this being the community radio list, don't let me stand in the way of more gripes and moans about Ofcom and how desperately unfair life is in general. We haven't heard how much PRS and PPL are going to charge yet! A rich seam!No - come on - that sort of sarcasm is beneath you. If you saw first hand every day like we do how hard some of these guys have to work against such unfair restrictions, you might have a bit more sympathy.At least some of us are getting to the root of their problems and pushing the right doors - as Ed Vaizey would say.
Ian HicklingPartnerOffice: 016 3557 8435  (07h to 22h GTS)Car: 075 3098 0115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS