[cma-l] Radio Link Transmission systems

Neil Munday neilm at susyradio.com
Mon Jun 6 18:58:02 BST 2016

The other major point that should be mentioned here regards listening off
air checking for
A/interference (pirates, people bleeding into the channel.

B/Technical Glitches "is the transmitter still on the air" engineers can
source the problem far quicker if a fault, power loss or indeed lightening
strike is known about.

Now remember in these circumstances you loose everything in the studio. Our
presenters are instructed to switch to desk at that point and continue
there programmes online. Call our engineers immediately who will check
and post info on our social media informing listeners that there is a
problem and alternative ways to listen in. The presenter is also instructed
to check during songs the off air feed in case it should return. A
lightening strike may cause catastrophic failure or simply take a couple of
mins for everything to reset and the transmitter to ramp up to power again.

Hope that sheds a bit more interest in the reasons to listen or at least
monitor the FM off air output. By the way your off air logger is a great
way sometimes of understanding the fault and how it occurred!

Regards to all
Neil Munday
Operations Director
SUSY Radio 103.4