[cma-l] Volunteers, charity, and back to work schemes

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Wed Jan 6 15:12:02 GMT 2016

And another ……………….seems like the classic here as you put it Shane         doing someone elses job for them. By jove we’ve been stung big style on these. Running around like headless chickens training youngsters from all these employment agencies, JC and Princes Trust etc etc ….. in some cases with kit getting broken, stress levels going through the roof .the agencies get paid wads and wads of lolly £££ from the schools and they can’t even give us £25 quid Biscuit and Brew Money.

We had one kid last year who came just after Christmas who clearly over the Holiday season hadn’t been fed. All the boxes of Roses / Quality Street / Foxes Biscuits / Celebrations etc etc that we receive from listeners over Chrimbo     HE ATE THE LOT !     LOL   :-)

We now need to dip into the funds for some worming tablets for him  :-)

I feel sorry for some of these kids and even though we have a whinge or two I wouldn’t change it for the World ---- but that’s not the point. The point is, the system is all wrong and these agencies are taking the Michael.

You have to fill forms in for them as well -------------if I had £1 a quid for every form I have filled in, I’d be a millionaire now.

Are we doing something wrong here ? or are we simply in the category listed ‘’mugs’’

Can I be clear on this before someone comes back to me on the message and says ‘’you need to lay down the rules’’            if you lay down the rules correctly as they are supposed to be    no one would come      then, when no one has engaged, we then fall foul of not fulfilling our commitments and we then go round the mulberry bush. In otherwords, we have to do it money or no money. The commercial boys don’t do this nor does anyone else, but we do, and whilst we do it, we have restrictions slapped on us.

I keep telling you all, the whole thing is bonkers !    I pinch myself every morning

:-)

Nick

  _____