[cma-l] PPL / PRS for Music mini consultation

Murray Dawson murray at shmu.org.uk
Wed Feb 10 17:54:20 GMT 2016

I agree Paul - I'd suggest that we are doing them and their artists a
favour at our own expense.

Problem is that we haven't been strong and united as a sector to
challenge the issue.

Now that they've strong-armed most of us into new contracts with the
threat of using their considerable wealth to beat us up in court, we're
clearly on the back foot.

I'm sure there's a fair percentage of the sector that would be willing
to take it on though?

Murray