[cma-l] An arts media network

Lucinda Guy lucinda at soundartradio.org.uk
Sat Sep 5 09:59:59 BST 2015

Hi Everyone,
I know there was a lot of interest in Tamar's ideas around a network of
community media organisations with a strong interest in arts,
experimentation and collaboration.

We will further the conversation at this year's CMA conference on 12th
September with a space for informal sharing and discussion. This will take
place in two, 45 minute, breakout sessions, that reflect the conference's
theme of 'inspiring through success'.

I would love to hear from anyone who is planning to come, and especially, I
would love you to bring one or two short (under 5 minutes) pieces of media
to share, so we can inspire one another. These could be radio features,
videos, or almost anything else.
It would be great to know in advance if you are doing this, but if you just
appear on the day we will aim to fit everything in. I have a feeling it
will work out perfectly.

Some things to consider -
How do we fund art projects? How do they support our overall business model?
How can community media organisations and and arts organisations
collaborate more?
How are artists helping to get rarely heard voices and stories broadcast,
and improve social cohesion?
How can community media be more exciting and risk taking than commercial or
BBC?
How can we work together more, to enhance our programming and attract more
sustainable funding?

Hope to see you there!
Lucinda
contact me off list with questions and ideas lucinda at soundartradio.org.uk

--

*Artistic DirectorSoundart Radio 102.5 fmwww.soundartradio.org.uk
<http://www.soundartradio.org.uk>Higher Close, Dartington Hall,*

*Soundart Radio is a licensed community radio station and a Company Limited
by Guarantee Registered in England and Wales No. 6299911*