[cma-l] An arts media network

Trevor Lockwood lockwood at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 7 10:12:12 BST 2015

Lucinda

You ask vital questions. In brief art should not be dependent upon money, on viewing numbers, on any form of classification..

BBC local radio spends a fortune every year - it should be controlled by community radio network. In France just asking to run a local station means the government will fork out cash - over £30,000 pa last time I looked.

Here we are hidebound by tradition, or is it seems as a means of control?

There’s lots of new initiatives abut, and a few old codgers (like me) who’d be grateful for a few listeners.

When I ran a community station I told all my team not to be concerned with listener numbers - if one person listened and gained something, then the job was done.

The big question you raise is how do we work together. I love your station - it should form the base for a network of stations. I have two domain names: www.debenradio.co.uk <http://www.debenradio.co.uk/> and radiowoodbridge.co.uk <http://radiowoodbridge.co.uk/> that I’d love to link into a network. Station controllers should be able to choose programmes from a database to build their own stations.

Using Airtime or Mixcloud we can produce a selection of stations for every region and taste.They can also serve as listener news programmes…

I can moan on for ages - hope to see you next Saturday.

I’m the ole Suffolk boyo with straw in my hat and trousers tied up with string.

I’ll send you an ole Suffolk folk tale - as one small example - I want to produce short stories.

Kindly

Trevor Lockwood BSc FRSA