[cma-l] Diverse FM Luton

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Sat Nov 7 11:16:39 GMT 2015

Hear Hear !     we'll said Michael. Of course we have known this for 14
years and the Key is that for us to do this we need to 'be around'   we need
to exist, we need to keep plodding and beavering away.

Making the task a bit easier so that we can concentrate on what we are meant
to be doing as opposed to debating, having consultations, arguments, minding
our P & Q's just in case we might upset a Commercial Station   (oh by the
way, a Commercial outfit that are quite happy to cherry-pick people for
their gain) .. the observations are endless and we know all the tired
arguments.

Perhaps correspondence like this needs to be plonked on the Desk of the head
Honcho in the DCMS who still after 14 years ''simply don't get it'' !?

Lots of hot-air of course and empty promises and more consultations and bits
of tinkering around the edges creating not a lot of forward movement but
quite a lot of frustration, irritation and dare I say - resentment.

We will each and all end up having to do this Radio Bill in the manner in
which we suggested years and years ago . is it not time now to throw the
shackles off and let people get on with it -sooner rather than later may I
add.

Well done to Diverse by the way.

Over the last 14 years we [Canalside] have had 9 people who have gone onto
Commercial Radio / BBC Radio / Commercial TV / BBC TV / BBC Beebies ... And
we've managed this even though we've spent 50% of the time banging our head
against the DCMS Wall      :-)

Viva La Community Radio and let's hope more of us Burst with Pride . I'm
sure we would if we weren't 'restricted'

Nick

  _____