[cma-l] Breakfast Show

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Tue May 19 12:03:14 BST 2015

I think the fact that they volunteer ought to be enough to be honest

however, there is a HOWEVER   :-)     if the voluntary malarkey works
50/50 whereby they do what they enjoy doing plus give you a little tickle on
what you need them to do then the garden is hunky dory, it is when this
balance goes out of kilter that ‘’Houston we have a problem’’          I’m
afraid to say that once the novelty wears off in most cases the scales have
a massive tip and getting people to do anything outside of shows becomes
damn near impossible.

What I do here is have a what I call half way House. We have a football card

all the Presenters have a go every-week for a quid
. We do the draw at the
end of the week and the winner gets £15 quid and the Station gets £25 quid

..it pays for Tea & Coffee etc etc

The observation about paying certain Presenters is spot on because if your
output goes pear shaped, then the ability to obtain sponsorship becomes more
difficult and so on and so on
..

So yes, the Presenters do pay, they pay a quid, but stand a chance of
winning £15 quid

 BUT ALAS    as usual there are some who don’t cough up
and you are constantly having to chase them up which is a pain. Of course it
means they won’t win, but that’s not the point. So instead of the draw being
every week, it ends up every fortnight and the Station technically loses £25
quid x 26 weeks = £650 pounds (I think ?)

Nick

  _____