[cma-l] DAB Radio

James Cridland james at cridland.net
Mon May 18 18:21:04 BST 2015

"But the path to becoming a regional commercial station is specifically not
available"

I think it *is* specifically available. A DAB licence has none of the
restrictions that a community FM licence has - on format or advertising.
And I think that's the point I'm making.

"Also of course, the benefit to the conventional Community station of maybe
20 times the audience would appear to be be small."

Agreed.

I think you can have your cake *and* eat it, should you wish to both offer
a community service on FM but also do radio across a wider, less
restrictive licence.

This is where we came in - a station for the asian community is [if they
want to be] a community of common interest, not of locality.

//j