[cma-l] DAB Radio

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Mon May 18 18:11:39 BST 2015

I think that a Community station would look on DAB as an enhancement to its existing platform, bringing the distinct benefit of freedom to fully use advertising.
And of course a larger audience possibly, depending on where and how it's carried.But the path to becoming a regional commercial station is specifically not available - and being in line with the big boys is only possible at a prohibitive cost.Also of course, the benefit to the conventional Community station of maybe 20 times the audience would appear to be be small.