[cma-l] Changes to S-RSL applications for radio

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 14:02:14 GMT 2015

Looks awfully like Ofcom cutting back still more on its support for small-scale radio.I had to stifle a hollow laugh on two counts:
"To ensure that our S-RSL licensing processes remain fair, robust, and that the available spectrum is used optimally......" -  Sorry - I seemed to have missed that particular thing happening. "Fair" - no. "Robust" - not from our viewpoint. "Spectrum used optimally" - when will that happen I wonder?
'Trial’ S-RSL broadcasts will only be granted in areas where new permanent analogue licences (i.e. FM and AM) are due to be advertised by Ofcom. Er - There aren't any commercial ones - are there? And you won't be able to do a CR trial now unless your area is open for Licence Applications.
Come on Ofcom - you're being even more restrictive and even less willing to look for frequencies for short-term use than you were before.
Ed - are you reading this?