[cma-l] Fwd: Fantastic Opportunity for Students – BBC Production Apprentice Scheme 2015 PLEASE SHARE

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Mar 17 10:59:00 GMT 2015

 *From:* Lisa Burton
*Sent:* 16 March 2015 09:37
*To:* 'info at hestoncs.org'
*Subject:* Fantastic Opportunity for Students – BBC Production Apprentice
Scheme 2015

Hi There,

My name is Lisa Burton and I work for the BBC Academy. This week we are
launching the BBC Production Apprentice Scheme.

In its 5th year, this scheme offers an amazing opportunity to work on a
range of top BBC programmes from The ONE Show to 1Xtra, Strictly Come
Dancing to Star Gazing, Radio 2 to The Culture Show. The Apprentices will
receive gold standard training delivered by the BBC Academy  and our
partner London college. And they will be the chance to earn while they
learn. By the end of the scheme they will have achieved a Level 3
qualification in Creative and Digital Media and a CV full of media
experience plus a network of contacts.

At the BBC we want to encourage people with different life stories and
experiences to apply for this amazing opportunity and we wondered if you
could help us do that? Through your organisation and social media networks,
could you possibly help us make sure as many people know about the scheme
and this fantastic opportunity?

I have attached a poster and flyer in the following link:

 https://myshare.box.com/s/97vpqm3dh8xp3ytdu9vvtpdt1appxi0x

which you are welcome to print out and display. Both contain lots of
information about the Production Apprentice Scheme. I have listed some more
details below as well as details of events we are holding to encourage
people to apply.

It’s a chance of a life- time for anyone who wants to pursue a dream in the
media!

*Open for applications on March 20th – 20th April.*

The apprenticeship starts in October 2015 and runs for a year.

We will be looking for people who:

•           Are over 18 years old

•           Are passionate about TV, radio and online – and not just
traditional broadcast channels

•           Bring value and experience to the scheme and the BBC that will
help us reflect our audiences better

•           Don’t already have a qualification above a Level 3 /A levels.

•           Have the right to live and work in the UK

•           Be able to live and work in London

•           Be committed to a career in the Media – this is an entry level
scheme and not a gap year activity

To launch the scheme opening and to encourage people to apply, we are
holding some ‘Get in’ events for people who are interested in getting more
information about the scheme and tips on how apply. I would highly
recommend attending if you want to get an insight in how to get onto the
scheme.

If you or your networks want to attend one of the “*Get In*” events – click
onto the link below and book a space – however if you have a group – I can
secure *30 places for each event*.  There are two on the Friday 20th March
where Nihal from the BBC Asian Network Mid-Morning Show will be attending
to talk about his experiences.  Please let me know ASAP if you would like
me to reserve tickets for a group at any of these events.

 The two events will be taking place on:

* Friday 20th March in Media Centre, White City. *

 Session 1: Friday 20th March 13:30 - 15:30
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bbc-get-in-production-apprentice-scheme-tickets-15710228717>

 Session 2: Friday 20th March 16:30 – 18:30
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bbc-get-in-production-apprentice-scheme-tickets-15711574743?utm_campaign=new_event_email&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=eventurl_text>

 Please don’t hesitate to give me a call if you require further
information.

Many Thanks,

Lisa Burton

Programme Coordinator

BBC Academy

8 lisa.burton at bbc.co.uk

Follow us on @#bbctrainees

www.bbc.co.uk/getin

[image: Academy_Newsletter_Banner-04-29kb]