[cma-l] DAB Trials

James Cridland james at cridland.net
Tue Jul 21 12:54:08 BST 2015

Hi,

6 channels? You could run more if you wanted. But you don't have to.

Nor do *you* have to run them. Indeed, you could sell them. Got a sizeable
Chinese community? Sell a slot to China Radio International. Or RFI. Or any
number of broadcasters who want to be in your area. Earn money from this,
don't let it cost you.

Or rebroadcast channels your audience might find interesting (under
agreement). Just like BBC World Service is rebroadcast by some US public
stations on their DAB-equivalent.

Use a channel as a part-time "extra" audio feed for rebroadcasting of
council meetings or other things. Leave it dormant the rest of the time.

Or, slag the whole thing off before you even start thinking of the
possibilities. That, too, appears to be a choice.

http://james.cridland.net - get my weekly newsletter
https://media.info - the media information website

Tel: +44 7941 251474 | @jamescridland