[cma-l] DAB trial, PPL and PRS

tlr at gairloch.co.uk tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Mon Jul 20 20:20:49 BST 2015

James: afaik the standard PRS licence includes simulcasts (as is reasonable), so
even though they aren't actually waiving any fees, there would be nothing more
to pay for an existing broadcaster.

The right granted under the standard PRS licence includes: "The broadcast and
simulcast of PRS for Music repertoire on radio services transmitted from the UK"

Not sure about the £750 figure - I thought it was £727 for Community Radio, but
maybe it's had an increase.

Alex