[cma-l] DAB trial, PPL and PRS

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Jul 17 12:52:57 BST 2015

We’re not involved in this, but nonetheless I have opinions. I have very
strong opinions   re:- PRS/PPL generally. I don’t agree with it. I don’t
agree with it at all. It’s just a legalised money making racket.

My observation years ago that the ‘’’P’’’ stands for parasites is correct

.I would argue looking at this they have justified my argument. The proof
of the pudding is in the eating.

I don’t think this communiqué will get posted so I could write all sorts

. I hope it does under the rules of ‘free-speech’

I have informed PRS/PPL a long long time ago re:- reporting          we
don’t do reporting as we have nothing to report.

There are actually reports :- the first is nothing to report, the second one
is we use about 10 songs an hour of their clients and the final one    re:-
how many contra deals we have, how much Fred Bloggs the window cleaner gives
us is ‘’mind your own business !’’

As I have always said
..I buy Elton Johns new album, it costs me = £11 quid

.. we then play it on the Radio and another 200 folk go out and give him
and PRS/PPL another £11 quid each

.THEY THEN SEND ME A BILL FOR THE
PRIVILEGE   !                    who thought that one up ?      we should be
sending them an invoice and they should be paying us !

The key though to all of this is the ‘net’ amount

we are not for profit,
we are a charity, our end result at the end of every year is zero
.. we
have zero net
 they seem to have great difficulty in understanding this. I
have tried to explain on upteen occasions but to no avail.

I popped over to Chester Zoo a few months ago and spent a couple of hours in
the Chimpanzee enclosure .by 4:30pm in the afternoon the Chimps had managed
to get their heads around it
 PPL/PRS haven’t latched on yet though

we
live in hope.

I think in relation to these trials, as a group of Stations we ought to be
telling them to ‘’behave’’ and then to place something where the Sun doesn’t
shine might be a good start

.

So far as having discussions with these people, best go straight to the
brick wall and start banging your head now.

If you happen to bump into Elton, tell him my favourite is Island Girl circa
1975
. I don’t mind giving him a tickle for that one £££   :-)

Onwards and Upwards

Wrighty

  _____