[cma-l] Radio 1 Eleven Times Better than Commercial Radio? – FM Spectrum Consumption in the UK

tlr at gairloch.co.uk tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Mon Jul 13 14:34:23 BST 2015

I understand, and empathize with your view entirely, but English is spoken to be
understood. It's just like the abuse of 'to decimize' or 'enormity'- they are
regrettable, but it's English, not logic or a dead language!

I agree, 6dB in power indicates an arithmetical factor of four, but you were
complaining about whether that factored by four value should be added on to the
original or replace it/  I contend that in English the phrase that includes "11
times better" is used, conventionally, to indicate something is better by being
11 times as good.

I have 1 times less to say about it :)

Alex