[cma-l] Young People on the Radio

Coastal Radio info at coastalradio.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 13:07:06 BST 2015

Hi Dennison, I am now set to be director and am only 18 however I started with Coastal Radio aged 16 and was put straight on air in live shows.

We did two RSLs, one of which I had a 12-2pm show live, and during our second RSL I was doing the breakfast show life from 7am-10am.
I had no accompaniment I merely learnt what was right and what wasn't by observing other presenters mainly.

I think it really depends on you gauging the younger person, I was rather mature for my age probably why I was given so much freedom but I understand others may not be as mature. Especially as teenagers.

Sent from my iPhone