[cma-l] RadioCentre unimpressed with community radio changes

Geoff Rogers geoff at susyradio.com
Thu Jan 22 18:21:56 GMT 2015

Even the smallest commercial radio stations have advertising rates an order
of magnitude higher than many (most?) Community Radio stations.  (I work in
both sectors so I think I have the right to comment here.)

Therefore customers of Community Radio stations would be very unlikely to
take out advertising on the local commercial station, so RadioCentre do not
have a point here.

It's this kind of comment that further alienates commercial radio operators
while co-operation between the two, can and does work.

These opinions are my own.

On 22 January 2015 at 16:58, Alan Coote <alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk> wrote:

> “[CR] must offer something significantly different to the communities it
> serves”;
>

> True… I think many of my commercial radio friends would agree, that’s a
> bit rich coming from the head of a sector which is better resourced and
> funded than CR, yet over the years has lacked innovation and all but erased
> any creativity.
>

> Just a thought…
>

> Alan

Geoff Rogers
Programme Director
Susy Radio, Local Community Radio for Redhill and Reigate
On-air across Sussex and Surrey on 103.4FM NOW
Web: susyradio.com <http://www.susyradio.com>

Susy Radio Ltd. A company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office: 54 Nutfield Road, Merstham, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 3EP.
Registered Number: 06748586