[cma-l] Community Radio Order

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 18:39:21 GMT 2015

>From RAJAR's latest available quarter that reach would put your listener numbers ahead of at least 20 of the commercial stations that are RAJAR subscribers, including Smooth Radio Essex, and ahead of many more that don't pay RAJAR!

      Oak FM 28,000
      Smooth Radio Devon 29,000
      Cheshire's Silk 106.9 29,000

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Golder
  To: The Community Media Association Discussion List
  Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 6:01 PM
  Subject: Re: [cma-l] Community Radio Order

  I've contracted with a private market research firm a few times since we took to the airwaves full time in 2007.

  We're currently getting a 20% weekly reach which implies about 30,000 listeners a week.  Our website visitor figures (over 200,000 per month, with 12,000 a month viewing the schedule and local events pages) seem to make sense in this context.

  I wasn't aware that RAJAR was skewed towards its members' areas, which would make any extrapolation of the "other radio listening" figure quite meaningless.

  It's natural for CR to be defensive with the suggestion that CR has half a million listeners - but I'm just not buying it.  That's only an average of 2,000 per station - I could probably NAME at least 3,000 people who engage with us regularly!

  Cheers
  Paul
  Phoenix FM
  www.phoenixfm.com