[cma-l] Community Radio Order

Paul Golder paul at pvg.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 18:01:55 GMT 2015

I've contracted with a private market research firm a few times since we
took to the airwaves full time in 2007.

We're currently getting a 20% weekly reach which implies about 30,000
listeners a week.  Our website visitor figures (over 200,000 per month,
with 12,000 a month viewing the schedule and local events pages) seem to
make sense in this context.

I wasn't aware that RAJAR was skewed towards its members' areas, which
would make any extrapolation of the "other radio listening" figure quite
meaningless.

It's natural for CR to be defensive with the suggestion that CR has half a
million listeners - but I'm just not buying it.  That's only an average of
2,000 per station - I could probably NAME at least 3,000 people who engage
with us regularly!

Cheers
Paul
Phoenix FM