[cma-l] imaging and the announcement

Associated Broadcast Consultants info at a-bc.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 09:49:00 GMT 2015

Re: Community Radio Station Management

Delegation is particularly difficult in community radio.  I know from
experience managing in both worlds that it is an awful lot more difficult
and subtle to manage volunteers (who have their own agendas and can choose
whether or not to work) versus employees (who pay their mortgage by doing a
job).

To anyone doing it already (whether in radio or other voluntary
organisations) that must be an obvious statement.  To anyone who has not
tried it, believe me it is challenging - but rewarding when you get it
right!

Nick - have you ever thought of running a blog?  It would be essential
reading for many of us who enjoy your heart on sleeve observations!

Glyn

Principal Consultant
Associated Broadcast Consultants <http://a-bc.co.uk>

On 19 January 2015 at 14:26, Canalside's The Thread <office at thethread.org.uk