[cma-l] FW: Poor Reception

James Cridland james at cridland.net
Fri Feb 6 09:13:39 GMT 2015

Nick, I despair. Every single little-text blue email that comes in from you
leaves me more and more concerned for community radio.

You appear to make two points here:

1. You applied for a coverage area that you don't now want and now you want
to change it. Somehow this is someone else's fault: Ofcom, or government,
or Ed Vaisey, or the CMA's. It is "unfair", a "circus" and a "debacle".

2. You want to broadcast music but don't want to pay for it or report it.
Somehow this is all PPL's fault. They are "doughnuts".

With every pronouncement - every one of which is publicly published and
none of which is challenged by anyone else - you underline the widely-held
view that community radio is run by a bunch of amateur nutcases. That isn't
fair on community radio, but it's hardly surprising that one of
RadioCentre's concerns about community radio is that it devalues radio as a
whole.

Heaven knows, this is advice I should take, too - but I do wish, for the
sake of the industry I love so much, that you'd just shut up.

Best,

James