[cma-l] Release Forms

Julian Swift-Hook julian at kennetradio.com
Fri Dec 11 12:55:42 GMT 2015

We are currently broadcasting/recording/storing the voices of both our
guests and our presenters, and displaying images from our studio WebCam via
our website.

We also have at least one presenter who is selling their wares commercially
as well as volunteering for us – we are concerned that there may be some
muddying of the waters regarding the ownership of the rights in
recordings/interviews at this presenter may make that are used on Kennet
Radio that may also find their way into a commercial situation, or vice
versa.

With all of this in mind, we are concerned to make sure that our rights are
protected, both practically and legally.  It is not uncommon for
broadcasters to ask people to sign “release” forms, so we were thinking that
this would be a sensible precaution for us to take with both our volunteer
presenters and our studio guests//interviewees.

We haven’t encountered any difficulties yet, but things may well change  if
(sorry, when!) we get our FM licence.  Does anyone have any advice or
experience to share?  And does anyone have a working Release Form that we
could “borrow”, to save us having to reinvent the wheel?

With thanks and best wishes

Julian

---

KENNET RADIO - The Local Sound of Newbury and Thatcham

Julian Swift-Hook  |  Chairman  |  M: 07799 888 444  |  E:
<mailto:julian at kennetradio.com> julian at kennetradio.com

Kennet Community Radio – Reg’d No:  8252772  |  Broadway House, Northbrook
Street, Newbury RG14 1BA

T: 01635 762 111  |  F: 08458 606 707  |  Text: 07580 22 66 22  |  Skype:
Kennet.Radio

Listen:  <http://www.kennetradio.com/> www.kennetradio.com  |  Comment:
<http://forum.kennetradio.com/> forum.kennetradio.com  |  Like:
<http://www.facebook.com/KennetRadio> www.facebook.com/KennetRadio  |