[cma-l] Universities offering Year long internships in Media/Radio production

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Wed Dec 9 18:25:25 GMT 2015

Richard mentions preparing people for the real World. From the debates and
discussions that we have each had over the years I would question whether
most of the folk we are trying to communicate with actually know about the
real World  ?    :-)   LOL

I think that's where I personally have seriously gone off-piste ---- I have
completely lost track what the real World is as well.

I think I'm happy to float around in Noddy-Land (''they're coming to take me
away ha ha hee hee ho ho to the funny farm where things a wonderful all the
time'')

With reference to Students . do you think some get a bit of a rude
awakening. Journalism / Broadcasting is quite heavy and intense and time
slots have to be hit ---- when you get into the real World you are pressured
and you are tied. Youngsters tend not to like that.

I wouldn't last 5 minutes now because I am not exactly clued up with all the
technology, nor do I have time to learn it all ----too busy treading water
and keeping the place open for others.

I think that's our duty though isn't it ?

Richard / Ian et al      Determination is key !      I agree

Nick

  _____