[cma-l] 4ZZZ accounts

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 11:29:33 GMT 2015

Well for our licence they certainly looked at the business plan, and went out on a limb to award a licence even though a hard look at the figures would have had an accoutant shaking his head. The assessment of our licence application included this:

"Members recognised that financing the operation of the service could prove challenging over the long-term. However, the financial model proposed by Two Lochs Radio is similar to other rural Scottish services which, although run on minimal budgets, and with unconventional operating arrangements, have a good track record in sustaining local radio services."

Which we thought was pretty pragmatic and recognized the realities. Happily, so far we have proved their assessment correct (it certainly is challenging!).

That is not to detract from your general point about transmission power.

Alex