[cma-l] 4ZZZ accounts

Alan Coote alan.coote at 5digital.co.uk
Tue Dec 8 23:40:29 GMT 2015

Alex,

As far as I’m aware Ofcom don’t verify the estimates from sponsorship and advertising. If they did I’m confident they would see that the revenue per listener from most 25W community stations isn’t enough.

The question should be, ‘Given the type, location and competition from other radio stations, what is the desired coverage to deliver a sustainable service ?’

Answer; significantly greater than 25 Watts!

Alan