[cma-l] Social media workshop in London

Cormac Lawler cormac at radioregen.org
Thu Dec 3 11:31:25 GMT 2015

Hi all, a reminder about an upcoming event in London...

Social Media for Community Radio workshop

** Saturday 12th December 10am-1pm (with optional networking lunch to follow, 1pm-2pm).
** Business in the Community, 137 Shepherdess Walk, London, N1 7RQ

Book tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/social-media-for-community-radio-london-tickets-19602164602

This session is open to all community radio stations, and will cover how to make best use of social media for your station. The session is free, and a light lunch will be provided. Lunch will also give the opportunity to network and share stories, ideas, and challenges with other station managers.

10.00 – 13.00 Social media for community radio

Social media is a growing part of everyday life – but how can we make best use of social media for our stations? This will focus on using social media to grow listenership, increase support, and engage partners and businesses. This will be an opportunity to learn about good practice and top tips – as well as how to address challenges and concerns around using social media. This session will disseminate ideas and resources developed through a year-long project coordinated by Radio Regen.

So far, we have found great examples of how:

* Social media can bring new opportunities into your station
* Stations are using social media to generate revenue
* Volunteers can be a valuable part of your social media model
* Free Social Media tools can make managing social media simpler.

13.00 – 14.00 Networking lunch (light lunch included). We can use this space to catch up with what other stations are doing, as well as to share ideas, skills and experiences.

I hope to see you there.

Al the best,
Cormac

Cormac Lawler
Project coordinator
0161 234 2799

Radio Regen
46 Oldham Street, Green Fish Resource Centre, Manchester, M4 1LE
http://www.communityradiotoolkit.net

Company Ltd by Guarantee Registered in England and Wales No 3753832.
Registered Charity No 1077763