[cma-l] FM Tuner

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 11:04:31 BST 2015

Eddie

It depends of course on what kind of quality and features you want. The cheapest ones have only unbalanced audio outputs, so you wouldn't want too long a run of audio cable to the mixer, but that shouldn't be a problem. Dearer ones have rmeote control abilities, analysis of the signal, automatic alarms on failure of signal or out-of-tolerance parameters etc. For prices and suppliers, Google is your friend!

For a basic receiver the 'standard issue' is the Denon DN-U100_ at about £200:

The cheapest I have used is the Auna RT-120 at £65:

A similar one with remote control is Pulse TU-101 for about £90.

At the top end of the scale are network-connected remote-controlled monitoring and signal analysis receivers such as Deva DB4004 available around £1,500 or simpler DB4000 about £1,200, or slightly lower-priced high-quality receivers such as DB7000 or BW Broadcasts RX1, both at about £800-900

You pays yer money, and takes yer choice.

NB why won't the funder purchase from eBay? We have bought stacks of grant-funded gear through eBay.

Alex