[cma-l] Extending Community Radio on FM

Associated Broadcast Consultants info at a-bc.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 12:32:54 BST 2014

Bob, and everyone,

Regarding 102.2, you can see how often it is re-used on our new FM
Frequency Viewer map <http://a-bc.co.uk/fm-frequency-viewer-map/> - looks
like it is used 8 times in GB - slightly less than the average re-use of
9.3.

Frequency Viewer Map:- http://a-bc.co.uk/fm-frequency-viewer-map/
Frequency Re-use chart:-
http://a-bc.co.uk/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/UK-VHF-FM-Frequency-Re-use-300x97.gif

Regarding extra FM protection in the UK I had not heard of this - can you
provide a reference?  Indeed I'd expect the rules to be common across
Europe - and from what I had read before now I believed it was.  (Not to
say implementation is the same though ;-)

--
Glyn Roylance - Principal Consultant
Associated Broadcast Consultants <http://www.a-bc.co.uk/>