[cma-l] Community Radio on AM

Tony Bailey ravensound at pilgrimsound.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 13:14:42 BST 2014

Hello Ian,

Briefly, protection ratios: Italy has in the past been fairly
unregulated let us say, however, they do appear to have a very large
number of stations on band 2.  So far as I can tell from the available
info, there are some city sites at high power with what looks like
around 40+ db co-channel protection (which broadly seems to comply with
ITU-R BS 412-9) with a much larger number at low power sharing the
channel at greater distances.  Question: What rule has been revised
here?  CR sub band:  Have a look at 87.7 I think they are all long term
RSLs. This is in effect a CR sub-band already.

Regards,  Tony Bailey