[cma-l] Myriad v RCS

Geoff Rogers geoff at susyradio.com
Thu Oct 9 11:59:38 BST 2014

Having used Myriad in both a commercial and community radio environment, I
can say it fulfils most of our needs and is very cost effective being a
'buy out' if needed.

The play out system is easy to use and works well in live assist and full
automation.

The music scheduler supplied (Autotrack) is excellent for purpose, but you
do need to spend a small amount extra to get the Pro version which for
serious use is a must.  You don't have to use Autotrack, you can use
Selector, Power Gold or any other standard music scheduler should you wish.

To correct Neil's reply, the Ad scheduler is part of the package and works
but is very basic.  We use it without any issues though.

Not having used RCS playout, I cannot comment further other than when we
looked at it the fact that there was no purchase option and it was quite a
lot of money per month in perpetuity put me off.

Hope this helps

Geoff

--
Geoff Rogers
Programme Director

Susy Radio Ltd. A company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office: 54 Nutfield Road, Merstham, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 3EP.
Registered Number: 06748586