[cma-l] Myriad v RCS

Richard Berry richard.berry at sunderland.ac.uk
Thu Oct 9 12:16:37 BST 2014

Having used both I feel able to comment on this. They are both great playout systems, and it really depends on how you want to use them. Myriad is great for pulling together a show on the fly, picking music as you go. You can learn the basics in about 20 minutes, and be an expert in a few hours. It really is getting better and better, and I suspect most users find it to be stable. RCS is a different system, if you schedule most of your music and do lots of automation the RCS products do this well. The new Zetta product looks great, and is more flexible than the older Master Control system. The back-end of the system is complex, and you do need the free support line from time to time.

I guess it depends on what you do in your station. Both are used in the sector, and both are great systems. I’d suggest getting client lists and visiting stations near you with the products and see them in action.

Regards
Richard

Richard Berry
Senior Lecturer in Radio / Spark FM Station Manager
Room 101B, David Puttnam Media Centre,
University of Sunderland, SR6 0DD
(+44) 0191 515 2239