[cma-l] 'Celebrity' Voiceovers in idents/sweepers

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Sat Dec 6 12:37:23 GMT 2014

Pippa et al

I absolutely agree (even though I do allow a bit of lee-way)    the danger
in our business is when you have folk who '''go-off-on-one''' knowing where
to stop becomes a problem.

We've seen it before ... schedules/playlists/protocol/systems/simple rules
and regulations can very easily go off-piste.

I always put it this way .... if things are running how they should be, I
say to our Presenters that what I am interested in is what they are doing
in-between the songs (let the system pick the playlist)   I'm interested in
Localness / Community / Information / Thought provoking entertainment /
knowledge / tell me something / enlighten me   etc etc    all basic stuff
....  I am NOT interested in what jingles you are playing and whether it is
a multi million dollar choice as to whether you play Bruno Marrs or Robbie
Williams.

Here's where the big danger lights flash on Community Radio as the Programme
Controller can quickly become the Programme Not in Controller ... if that
happens in Community Radio, prepare for a rather large car crash, or is that
motorway pile up !?

Regards

Nick